If you have already found a job, all you have to do is move! We can provide you with information to help you and from the end of 2020 there will be a range of personalised services – from administrative support to guided tours of the local area as well as assistance in job seeking for spouses and partners and help in finding accommodation.
WELCOME TO GRAND POITIERS
- © Claire Marquis01Agriculture
- © Thomas Jelinek03Healthcare
- © Claire Marquis04Technologies
- © Yann Gachet05Craftsmanship
- © Cyril Chigot08Education
- © Alain Montaufier09Commerce
STRATEGICALLY LOCATED IN NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE
- Poitiers TGV station is close to the city centre. Poitiers is the second best served city in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- 1hr 15 min from Paris by high-speed train, 16 daily return journeys
- 55 minutes from Bordeaux by high-speed train
- Direct TGV to Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle airport (2hr20min) and Lille Europe (3hr30min).
- The multimodal hub at Poitiers station simplifies connections and provides access to all means of transport (TGV, TER, coaches, buses, taxis, car-hire, electric bikes etc…)
- There are regular daily flights from Poitiers-Biard airport, via Lyon (1hr 15min) to French and international airports. Two regular lines also provide direct connections to London.
- Outstanding motorway access (A10).
easy housing at a reasonable cost
365 DAYS A YEAR OF CULTURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
3 000 shows per year
Grand Poitiers is synonymous with culture for everyone, everywhere. Discover the variety of free entertainment on offer in the local community centres, media libraries and associations. Go to venues such as the TAP, the Confort Moderne, the Sainte-Croix Museum, the Espace Mendès-France (in Poitiers), La Hune (in Saint-Benoit), la Quintaine (in Chasseneuil-du-Poitou) and R2B (in Vouneuil-sous-Biard). Try for yourself at the Conservatory, music schools and choirs, at the Beaux-Arts and in amateur groups. In 2019-20 Poitiers put on its first biennial of contemporary art: Traversées\Kimsooja.
SPORT AND ESPORT : THE TRADEMARK OF GRAND POITIERS
High level professional teams (basketball, volleyball…)
25,000 visitors at the Gamers Assembly
In Grand Poitiers, sport is par for the course!
– All ages (from horse riding for the very young to the practice of video games in sheltered housing)
– All activities (skating, hockey, horse riding, golf, swimming, kayaking, water sports, escape games, water jump and air jump…)
– All structures (public and private establishments, CREPS de Boivre…)
The Gamers Assembly also brings together more than 2,500 video game players every year (1st E-sport competition in France).
TAKE CARE OF OUR ENVIRONMENT
A TASTE OF ENTERTAINMENT ?
''GRAND POITIERS : AN IDEAL CITY TO WORK IN ''
She thinks that Poitiers is a place for dialogue exchange where you can find an “interesting mix of young working people, families, students, and the elderly… which allows your working life to expand”.